McAfee Total Protection detects and blocks threats and viruses from your computer. It includes antivirus, firewall, spam filter, password manager, malicious URL blocking and web performance boosters. Also, it provides protection to your PC against virus attacks.
Procedure To Install McAfee Total Protection
Once you have purchased McAfee Total Protection, you are required to install it. So, below-given is the procedure for installation on PC and Mac.
To install McAfee Total Protection on Windows, follow the given steps:
- First of all, open your web browser.
- Then, go to the official website of McAfee.
- Next, you need to “Sign in” to your account. If you have not created your account, create an account first.
- After that, go to the “My Account” tab which is located at the top of the page. Enter your email id and password and click on the “Login” button.
- After a successful login to your account, choose your Windows operating system and your desirable product.
- Now, Click on the “Download” button.
- Then, a new window will appear on the screen, read the license agreement carefully.
- If you agree to the agreement, click on the “Agree and Download” button and the download procedure will begin.
- After that, double-click the .exe download file and click on the blue “Install” button.
- The installation is begun and it may take a few minutes to install. Wait until the procedure gets completed.
Lastly, restart your PC by clicking on the “Restart” button.
To install McAfee Total Protection on Mac, follow the below-given steps:
- Firstly, go to mcafee.com
- Then, log in with your email id and password.
- After that, choose your Mac operating system and your Mac product.
- Then, click on the red “download” button.
- Now, read the “License Agreement” carefully and checkmark the given box.
- Then write or copy the serial number of your product to keep it for future use. Click on the “Download” button and you have to wait for the download to complete.
- After that, double-click the .dmg file in order to run the process.
- Now, close the web browser and you need to double-click the “McAfee Installer”.
- After that, a dialog box will appear “Are you sure you want to open it”. To open, you need to checkmark the given box and then click on the “Open” button.
- Now, another dialog box will appear on your screen and you need to enter your “Mac Username” and “Password”.
- Then, click on the “OK” button to carry on with the procedure.
- Next, “Enter your serial number” from where you have copied it.
- After that, click on the “Next” button.
- The installation process now begins. Wait until the procedure gets completed.
- A dialog box will appear to choose your network type. Click on “Home or Work” or “Public” according to your Mac network.
Lastly, click on the “Finish” button and the installation is completed.
McAfee provides real-time protection to your system. After purchasing Mcafee Total Protection, install it by following all the steps mentioned above.