McAfee Siteadvisor provides you complete from online threats when you browse different websites. It gives you alerts if you access any risky website to prevent you from viruses and phishing attempts. Also, it scans your PC regularly and gives you a warning if there is any risk. Further, if you are typing an incorrect web address, it notifies you immediately and guides you in the right direction. Hence, For Mcafee Siteadvisor setup, follow the given guide.
Minimum System Requirements
To access the Siteadvisor, you need to fulfill all the system requirements that are given below:
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7 (32- and 64-bit)
- Internet Explorer 10.0 or later
- Microsoft Edge
- Google Chrome
Procedure To Download Mcafee Siteadvisor
- Open a web browser, for example, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari on your system.
- Now, type siteadvisor.com in the address bar which is located at the top of your screen.
- Then, it will take you to the McAfee Siteadvisor download window. Click on the “Free Download” tab and it will start downloading the setup file.
- As the process may take a few minutes, so you need to wait for its completion.
- Make sure that you do not close the window or turn off your system while the software is downloading.
- Once the Mcafee setup file is downloaded successfully, it will be saved in the Downloads folder.
Mcafee Siteadvisor Installation
Follow the below-given steps to install the setup file on your system:
- First of all, open the Downloads folder.
- Now, search for the setup file of McAfee Siteadvisor. Then double-click the file.
- After that, it will show you a pop-up box of Security warning asking you- Do you want to run this file? To confirm, click on the Run button and it will start extracting the files.
- Now, another pop-up box of User Account Control will appear on your screen. To allow the program for making necessary changes to your computer, click on the Yes button.
- By doing so, it will take you to the License Agreement window. Read all the terms and conditions thoroughly by scrolling down the page. You must agree with all the terms for installing the setup file.
- Hence, select the checkbox given there. Then click on the install button which is given at the bottom-right corner of the window. The process may take a few moments so you need to wait patiently.
- Once the installation is over, restart your system.
How To Enable SiteAdvisor Extension on your browser?
- Open the Chrome Browser.
- Then, click on the Customize and control icon located in the upper-right corner of the window.
- Select the Settings option from the list.
- In the next window, click on the menu icon and then click “Extensions”.
- After that, type McAfee SiteAdvisor in the search bar and select the toggle button. This will enable the extension on your Chrome Bowser.
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- From the upper-right corner, click on the menu icon and click “Add-ons”.
- Next, click on the Extensions tab given on the left side of the window.
- At last, click Enable located next to McAfee Siteadvisor.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Then, click on the gear icon from the top-right corner of the window.
- After that, select Manage Add-ons from the list.
- In the next window, select Toolbars and Extensions tab.
- Lastly, select McAfee Siteadvisor add-on and click Enable.
Also, Read About Mcafee Internet Security