McAfee Internet Security is a robust, next-gen cybersecurity software that safeguards your digital life. This state-of-the-art software keeps all your devices protected from viruses, malware, ransomware, spyware, Trojans, etc. This best in class cross-platform software is fueled by the latest and innovative technology like Cloud infrastructure.
In order to exploit the full potential of this sophisticated genius, you must ensure that it is installed properly. Hence, you must go through the following details for the same
Mcafee Internet Security is a versatile cross-platform device compatible with most of the current systems. However, ever-evolving technology makes it necessary for users to always check the specified system requirements before installing this sophisticated software. This is essential for flawless and optimized functioning and setup of McAfee Internet Security. Hence, check the below-mentioned system requirements.
- Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7 SP1 (32- and 64-bit)
- Mac OS X 10.12 or later
- Internet Explorer 10.0 or later
- Google Chrome
- Safari (Mac and iOS OS Only)
- Microsoft Edge
- RAM: 2 GB for Windows 7 and above
- Free Hard Drive Space: 500 MB
- Processor Speed: at least 1 GHz
- Uninterrupted, High-speed internet, preferably a broadband connection
Supported Email Programs
- POP3—Outlook, Thunderbird
- MAPI (Microsoft Exchange Server)— Outlook
- WebMail— Any webmail account with IMAP/POP3 access
Anti-Spam Toolbar Requirements
- Microsoft Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019
- Thunderbird 38.0+
- First of all, ensure that your system is free from any other cybersecurity software. It could be either a Mcafee software or from any third party. This is because other applications will interfere with proper installation and functioning of Mcafee Internet Security. Hence, remove any such software before proceeding.
- Secondly, cross-check the specified system requirements to ensure your system conforms to them. Incompatible devices are one of the major factors responsible for issues with this software.
Installation For Windows/ Mac
Mcafee Internet Security installation process is a true example of the company’s commitment to simplify the user’s life. In short, this process is extremely convenient, hassle-free and efficient.
Get Mcafee Internet Security
Before moving for the installation process, you are required to purchase and download Mcafee Internet Security. For this, simply access the official website of Mcafee and purchase Mcafee Internet Security. Now, login to your account. However, in case if you don’t have your account. Then, create a new account and subsequently, log in to it. Here, you should select Mcafee Internet Security as your product and your OS from the respective drop-down menu boxes. Thereafter, Download the selected product.
Install Mcafee Internet Security
After completing the download process, you can proceed for the installation.
- First and foremost, you should close down all the open applications on your computer. This will ensure a smooth and hassle-free installation.
- Now, search for the downloaded setup file on your system. You may find it in your computer’s default download location i.e. the Downloads Folder. For this, click on the “Windows Start” menu located at the bottom left-hand side.
- Then, click on “Computer” to open the File Explorer. Now, click on “Downloads” located under the Favourites section on the left panel of the window.
- Subsequently, look for the downloaded Mcafee file. However, Mac users must look for the “Downloads” folder in the “Dock” located at the very bottom of their monitor. Alternatively, in case if you have set a different download location during the download process. Then, look there for the setup file.
- Next, you should double-click the file to initiate the installation process for Mcafee Internet Security.
- Thereafter, click “Next” on the following window.
- The subsequent window will redirect you to the “Software License Agreement” window. Now, scroll down to the very bottom after reading the document very carefully. Then, click on “I Agree”.
- Consequently, the next window will display a “Serial Number” for your subscription. Hence, carefully note it down. This will be needed during the activation process.
- Subsequently, click on the “Install” tab to start the installation process. Here, Mac users must provide their system “Administrator Password” when prompted.
- Next, you should wait for the installation process to complete. This will take time depending upon your system and connection’s speed. However, the installer will showcase the status through a real-time progress bar on your screen.
- Once, the installer shows the status as “Installation Complete”. Then, click on “Finish” to exit this window.
- Finally, restart your computer.
Once you have successfully installed Mcafee Internet Security, proceed further to activate your subscription. Thereafter, you are prepared to experience the unbeatable, cutting-edge protection for all your connected devices.