McAfee Antivirus Plus is an advanced level security software that provides complete protection to your device from various online threats. Along with unlimited device protection, this product by McAfee has multi-platform compatibility. The robust and user-friendly interface of McAfee Antivirus Plus will work best for every operating system.
System Requirements For Mcafee Antivirus Plus
Before you move with the installation process, you first have to make sure that your device fulfils all the required system requirements.
- Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7 SP1 (32- and 64-bit)
- Mac OS X 10.12 or later
- 2 GB RAM
- 500 MB free drive space
- 1 GHz Processor
- Internet Explorer 10.0 or later
- Google Chrome
- Safari (For Mac OS Only)
Installing on Windows
- Firstly, open a web browser.
- Then, go to the official website of McAfee Home. For this type “home.mcafee.com“
- Now, click the “My Account” option from the upper right corner of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu, click “Sign In”.
- After that, if you are an existing user, then enter your email address and password in the required fields.
In case you don’t have a McAfee account, then you have to create a new account. For this, click the “Register Now” option. In the next window fill all the required details and click “I Agree” option.
- Now, in McAfee account, you will get separate tabs for all your devices.
- Then, select the prefered device, followed by selecting “McAfee Antivirus Plus” software.
- Click the “Download” option.
- Thereafter, the license agreement window will appear. Go through the agreement and give your consent by taping “Agree and Download”.
- The next window will show your Product Key. Note down the product key as you might require it later.
- Then, wait for the downloading to get completed.
- Once the file gets downloaded, double-click the setup file.
- Now, the installation window will appear.
- Click the “Install” option to continue with the process.
- Subsequently, the installation will get started.
- Once the installation will get complete, click the “Restart” option in the next window.
This will complete the installation of McAfee Antivirus Plus on your PC.
Installing on Mac
- Firstly, head to the “McAfee Home” and log in to your McAfee account.
- In your account, select the desired device on which you want to install your McAfee product.
- Then, select the “McAfee Antivirus Plus”.
- Click the “Download” button.
- In the next window, click the “License Agreement” option and agree to it by clicking the checkbox under it.
- After that, copy the serial number or write it down for future use.
- Now, click the “Download” button. Wait for the download process to get completed.
- Once it gets complete, double click the downloaded setup file and wait until the process gets complete.
- Then, close the browser and click the McAfee Installer from your desktop.
- Now, a popup box will appear. Give your consent for opening the application by clicking the checkbox and then, click “Open” button.
- Thereafter, enter your Mac administrator “Username” and “Password”.
- Click “Ok”
- In the next window, enter the “Serial Number” that you get at the time of downloading.
- Then, click “Next” and wait for the product to gets installed.
- In the next popup box, select the network connection and click “Save”.
Lastly, the installation window will show “Completed” message. Click “Finish” to move out from that window.
These processes will help you to get McAfee Antivirus Plus installed. Now, you can use this product for the protection of your system with the award-winning antivirus software.